This will be brief, but for anyone taking the time to read I wanted to give a quick update. I arrived in Sydney safe and sound yesterday and thankfully had no problem adjusting to the time as I slept quite a bit on my 14.5 hour flight. Being a bit spoiled like I am, I had to pout a bit when I didn't get business on the flight since they ran a Christmas special for business class seats, leaving none for the standbys. But it wasn't bad, I had economy plus with two seats to myself, so sleep was a possiblity.
Yesterday after my friend TJ's friend Craig picked me up from the airport, I saw the Sydney Harbor where the main bridge and the Opera house are located. It was beautiful and the water was so blue! We saw a few other sites on the ride home and the moment we stepped in the door to the house that I'm crashing at it started down pouring. Thankfully the weather changes quite often and it lightened up after an hour or so, cooling it off just enough to make for a beautiful evening that we spent down at one of the local pubs. I'm staying in a town called "The Entrance," which is a resort style town that is surrounded by water! It's a great place and a fun location!
Today was spent snorkeling and exploring a beautiful bay (will find name later, it started with an M) where I was able to get plenty of beautiful pictures and enjoy the 80 degree weather. I only got a bit sunburned thankfully, and that was after two applications of sunscreen! Traveling to a place that is in summer while it's winter back home is a bit of a shock for the skin. Soon I'll probably check out some of the beaches that are near the house and take it easy for the rest of the day. We had to climb up and down a mountain to get to the bay, so I'm a bit sleepy at the moment.
Tomorrow will be spent in Sydney again for a bit and then later on to a New Years party. I'm most excited about Thursday as of now because I'll be able to go horseback riding! I'll possibly be able to see a brumby ridden for the first time too! Woohoo! No worries, I'll take lots of pictures!
Hopefully I'll be heading to New Zealand around the 5th. Otherwise I'm just enjoying some relaxation and taking days as they come! More to come within the next few days...
No comments:
Post a Comment