Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Was it all a dream??

Back home again in Indiana I find myself after 13 wonderful days in Australia and New Zealand. Where did the time go and why am I already back in class??

It's been a while since I've been able to update my blog, my apologies for that. I was just having too good of a time in Australia and New Zealand! So much has happened since the last post, so I suppose I will just give a brief summary and if you want more details I will always be willing to share more!

After my new year's day spending time with the horses, the following days consisted of more traveling to beautiful New Zealand for only a short four days. I stayed in Queenstown for the entire trip, a beautiful small town nicknamed the "Adventure Capital of the World." In this adventure capital I was able to fulfill one of my lifetime goals of bungy jumping!! Bungy jumping really started in New Zealand and I had a few different jumps to choose from. I chose to jump the "Ledge Bungy" that overlooked Queenstown. It was an amazing 154 foot drop! Too short as all fun things are, but well worth it!

Aside from Bungy jumping, I also found time to go Jet boating and to also take a day trip out to Milford Sound, a beautiful Fiordland on the west coast of New Zealand. When I traveled there, unfortunately it was raining, but upon arriving at Milford Sound I realized that the rain was more of a blessing than a burden. I have never seen so many waterfalls in one place in my life! Unfortunately the pictures do not do the scenery justice, but just imagine a place where everywhere you look, you see waterfalls!  

Nearly two months later I find myself back in graduate school working my butt off, reminiscing about the trip, looking forward to the next trip. It only took about two months to get this blog posted and it isn't nearly what I wanted to say, so I apologize. But it's finally posted!! Enjoy the pictures and hopefully you will hear from me again soon.

Jet Boating
Drinking an amazing beer and watching the sunset over the beautiful Remarkables in New Zealand
Waterfalls at Milford Sound
Me with a waterfall at Milford Sound
Rainbow over sheep enroute to Milford Sound

No comments:

The Rock (1996) ... ...