Despite having a semi-written conclusion of my amazing trip over winter break that I still owe you (primarily my wrap-up in New Zealand), I felt the need to write a brief blog to say that I GOT TO MEET TONY DUNGY TODAY!! If you can't tell, I'm pretty stoked about this. It's always a great experience to be able to meet people that you idolize. If I had to pick a person that made me love football as much as I do, I would have to give that title to Tony Dungy. In football, especially the NFL, it's difficult to find a role model that is the way Tony Dungy is. He rarely overreacted or got upset over bad calls or the little things, he was a religious man that wasn't afraid to be judged for thanking God on national television and meaning every word of it, and from what we could see on the TV he always treated people with respect and gave encouragement when needed. If I had to tie this to school somehow, in my management classes when we analyze and study specific desired leadership styles, Tony Dungy is the ideal model of a true leader in my opinion. I couldn't think of a better person to add to my list of idols than Tony Dungy. He'll be greatly missed next year and the Colts will not be the same without him, although we can be thankful for the great games and fun times he gave us during his career. Call me a nerd, or a goof, but it's opportunities like this that will keep me smiling for a loooong time!
Enjoy the pictures!
Shaking Tony Dungy's hand for the second time! For a hello and a goodbye....lucky me...
He wasn't supposed to pose for any photos, but my super cool photographer Sarah was able to make this shot look like a posed shot! Only I'm blurred because I was so excited I couldn't stand still....silly me!
Since I owe you a blog on New Zealand, here is a sneak peak photo from my super cool bungy jump over Queenstown, New Zealand. Beautiful!

No comments:
Post a Comment