Sunday, October 28, 2012

California

    Recently I was in the northern'ish region of California for work. Although I was in the middle of nowhere for work, I was surrounded by many awesome roadtrips! That and I was only about two hours away from the area that I grew up in the early 90's, so I was able to catch up with some friends that I hadn't seen in fifteen plus years!! One weekend was spent driving from beer place to beer place, thanks to the help and suggestions of the Flying Dog beer head honcho, Matt Brophy, to include Sierra Nevada, Bear Republic, Russian River, and many more. What a great trip!

Three Things that Remind me of Northern'ish California

  • Grass fires
  • Red light cameras
  • Roadtrips!
One of the daily views in California while I was in town. Almost ever day around lunch time, smoke would fill the skies from nearby forest/grass fires...

Beer

   There were so many different and amazing beers throughout the region that I was in, and accessible just because I was in California, that it's difficult to choose any one as my favorite. While in the Yuba City area of California, Sutter Buttes was my favorite stop for a cozy place with a friendly staff, amazing food (especially Thai fries!), and good beer. Of course the big dogs; Sierra Nevada, Lagunitas, Bear Republic, and Russian River were pretty awesome as well!
  • Sierra Nevada (use all whole cone hops for their beer!)
  • Bear Republic
  • Sutter Buttes
Enjoying a Sutter Butte Wheat with the AMAZING Thai Fries.

Checking out the hop freezer at Sierra Nevada.

No comments:

The Rock (1996) ... ...