This week has been a pretty laid back week thankfully. It's been a good week too, full of exploring Oxford even more and spending quality time with the people on this trip. I was also able to visit a horse that another girl on the trip visits occasionally. She named him Bernard, but more importantly I was able to give the horse a good old scratch and get some dirt under my nails. As weird as that may sound to everyone that isn't a horse person, it's one of the greatest things when you are away from home and your own horses!! I've been going through horsey withdraws for most of the trip, thankfully this country is horse country so I've been able to get my fix of petting horses. I can't wait to get home and ride again!
As for this past week, it has been a fun week full of many different activities. I just returned from seeing The Dark Knight, which was amazing. The movie technically doesn't come out until the 25th here, but we were able to get tickets for a premier showing so we got to see it a day earlier, even though everyone back at home has already seen it probably more than once. Earlier in the week we also saw the play Animal Farm as part of one of our classes. I haven't read the book, but the play was definitely interesting. And the final interesting part of the week was celebrating someone in the group's birthday at a pub a block down the road from out houses. We live a little ways outside of the city center, so this pub was more of a local pub than a touristy pub, meaning our group had a good time meeting and chatting it up with the locals.
Like I said, many different activities, but it's been a good week. A funny side note, we went out to a pub/club last night that had a dance floor and I actually danced! Haha, for those of you that don't know me, that's quite the accomplishment. Between realizing that no one in England can dance and having a gay guy along with us, I was able to get over my nerves and enjoy the night....good times!
Here are a few random pictures for your viewing pleasure... 'til next week after three days of traveling...
This photo is from Ireland when the tide came in we had to remove our shoes in order to get back to the safe part. Who needs shoes anyways?

This was taken at Christ's Church in Oxford. I thought it was a beautiful ceiling, which was right before entering the Grand Hall (A hall that was also used in the Harry Potter films!)
This was one of the locals at the pub. His name was Fred and he kept us quite entertained for the night. I just really liked this view of him, he fit into the bar so well!
1 comment:
I am so happy that you can get your horsey-fix over there! I understand those "needs" completely!!
Post a Comment