Fly standby, I had to re-list on a flight leaving the following morning, meaning I would arrive in England about 15 hours after I had intended on arriving. Not too big of a deal, only I had no way of contacting the two others I was suppose to meet up with. Thankfully I made my other flight with no issues but upon arriving at the hostel in London that we were all staying at, I didn't find either of the other two. The following morning I thankfully found one of the girls I was suppose to meet, even though I had never met her prior to this program.
After finding Krysta and filling myself with a yummy hostel breakfast, we found ourselves enroute to Oxford via bus. The trip was about two hours long and we arrived about thirty minutes to the deadline for our check-in. No thanks to the crazy diverted flight and having to take a different flight here, I have yet to adjust to the time, even though it's only five hours ahead. So needless to say I'm exhausted, but since our houses just got the internet up and working, about ten people from the program and I are gathered in a small room catching up on our lives through the internet. It's actually quite the amusing situation, I took a picture, I'll post it sometime soon!


Tomorrow looks like it will be a full day of classes, but our week this week only consists of four days of class since we will be heading to London as a group bright and early. It looks like as of now, the agenda includes a tour of the Westminster Abbey, Churchill War Room, and hopefully Parliament. We are given the option to spend the remainder of the weekend in town or to return. Being that I missed out on a day in London due to my diverted flight, I think that I will try to take advantage of the city. I would love to see the London Towers and Bridge since it's been six years now since my family and I visited. All is good though. I'm enjoying the British hospitali
ty and humor. Upon clearing customs, the officer asked what I was majoring in. When I responded with policy analysis, he laughed and said that "good, the US is going to need that after Bush gets out of office." It's amusing how fed up other countries are with our government. I got the vibe from both South Korea and Turkey this year.
So far the groups seems like a good bunch of people, so hopefully we can survive the four weeks together with minimal drama. It's a long time to be so far away from home, but it seems like the whole experience will be worth it. If all goes well, it looks like
Adam will be joining me August 2nd to spend a few days somewhere in Great Britain.
That's all for now! I'll try my best to post at least once a week, but if something amusing happens I'll be more than happy to share it! Thanks for reading my new entrance into the world of blogging!
Something you don't want to see when you are suppose to be flying to London
Computer gathering....Yeah internet!
5 comments:
I just left a message, but it didn't save it after I made up my userid/password - I'm still learning this blogging thing - but we'll figure it out :) So glad you set it up so we can hear/read about your young and exciting life! Have fun! We love you!
Love - LeAnn & Family
3rd time is a charm - maybe my other two comments will eventually show up - anyway - thanks for setting up a blog so we can keep track of your young & exciting life! Have fun! We love you!
Love, LeAnn & Family
Hey there, so happy you decided to actually set this up :) I actually love blogging, I just dunno if anyone reads mine anymore lol!
I shot those at F5.6 @ 2sec. shutter... Minimal post processing, only size formatting and conversion from RAW to JPEG. I'm very glad that you liked them!
Awesome Blog! I love that you are enjoying life to the fullest! I looked at a lot of your pictures also! WoW! You have been around the world! I would love to travel more! Miss you! Hope you can make it to the wedding in August!
Love,
Crystal
Post a Comment